Ever feel like you're on auto-pilot? I find myself on auto-pilot all the time. In fact, Ive started noticing that at times, I couldnt tell you what Ive done for the last five minutes.. this especially happens when Im driving.. scary, I know! So what happens when you have time to do absolutely nothing?! I can honestly say this NEVER, EVER happens in my world. There is never a quiet moment to just sit, and think, and observe.
This weekend, some friends and I stayed in a cabin. They all got up early Sunday to make their trip home and I found myself with that one thing I never get...time. Free time to do absolutely nothing. I made my way to the back porch to sit in the cool, crisp mountain air and l Immediately noticed the strange calmness. The only sound, was the sound of birds. Suddenly, I felt the need to "hurry up" and get all my thinking in. I knew I was on borrowed time and I felt so rushed that I didnt even know what to start thinking about first. WOW! Really?! Ive let my world become so hectic that I even rush myself to think?? I stopped myself, took a deep breath and realized this was my time to empty my cares. I dont think I have ever in my life had a moment like this... zero commitments, zero distractions... and I didnt know what to do with myself. When I finally gave into the notion, it was complete cleansing for my soul!
Now, its back to the reality of rush..... sigh.

No comments:
Post a Comment